Friday, May 24, 2013

Different kind of Birthday .

                                           Birthday in Thailand , a little bit of a change .


                                          On the 21st of May ( my birthday!) I received  my award
                                         " Benefactor of Buddhism in Foreign Countries" ,
                                        from the hands of the Governor of Chiang Mai province ,

                                     
                                             quite the honour and quite the event .
 

                                     Five foreigners , Asher from Israel , Angelika from Germany
                                             and from Mexico Orellia , Pepe and Miguel .

                                
                                            and some hundred Thais receiving various awards .
                   

                                          And then today is Vesakha day , the Buddha's Birthday .
                                                     No pictures just too busy meditating.............



1 comment:

Christoph Pichler said...

Dear Edward, this ist Christoph (tall guy, beard, radio job) writing to you . You were the teacher in residence at the Dhammacari, when I did the basic course there, last February. Now that I have found your blog, I visit it every other day. The pictures are beautiful. They transmit a sense of peace and freedom. I very much enjoyed doing practice with your help and guidance, and I would like to congratulate you on the award you received. And despite the fact I'm a little late, I would like to send you congratulations and many good wishes for your birthday. May you and your loved ones be happy and of good health. With metta: Christoph.